A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Greenkeeper to step up to First Assistant Greenkeeper at Farleigh Golf Club in Warlingham, Surrey.
There is an informal and welcoming feel at Farleigh Golf Club, with 27 Championship-standard holes and three 18-hole courses providing a memorable and diverse challenge for all golfers.
If successful you will support the Course Manager and Deputy Course Manager to lead the team, deputising in his absence, ensuring all tasks are completed to a high standard and motivating the team to ensure superb standards are maintained and health and safety practices carried out.
Farleigh is a busy place but it isn’t all about golf. Our popular bar, restaurant and lounge is great for a relaxed brunch, lunch or afternoon tea, and four function rooms are perfect for weddings, meetings and events.
What really sets us apart is the warm, personal service our team deliver. Our mission is that you will leave feeling better than when you arrived and we can’t achieve this without the team who put fantastic customer service at the heart of everything they do.
The role is working on a 5 days out of 7 basis with weekend/bank holidays required on a rota basis
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Sports Turf
- Team leadership experience
- Reliable and an early riser
- Good standard of spoken and written English
- Smart personal presentation and polite manner
- Team player
- First Aid at Work qualified (desirable)
- Pesticide PA1/2/6 (desirable)
- Chainsaw qualifications (desirable)
- 28 days holiday increasing with service (includes public & bank holidays)
- Subsidised staff meals
- Generous ‘Recommend a Friend’ bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Complimentary club membership for you and your family (qualifying period applies) at Farleigh and our sister property Foxhills near Woking.
- Employee awards
- Annual staff party
We endeavour to respond to all applicants, but anticipate a large response to this advert, so should this not be possible, please assume you have been unsuccessful if we have not been in touch after 3 weeks.