We have an opportunity for an experienced Sales and Events Coordinator to join our friendly team at Foxhills Club and Resort, in Ottershaw, near Woking.
As Senior Sales & Events Coordinator you will ensure all conference and events bookings from initial contact through to completion are dealt with in a prompt and efficient manner ensuring maximum profitability and client satisfaction. Reporting to the Sales Office Manager you will assist with the day to day running of the events office team.
Although you will focus on conference business, you will manage the enquiries mailbox and have knowledge to assist the team with private dining events, parties and Foxhills member’s social events along with weddings, golf days, corporate fun days as business levels require, ensuring that we maintain excellent BDRC scores as a result of any test calls received.
Please note that this role is primarily office based and daily duties will include responding to telephone and e-mail enquiries, preparing proposals for clients, carrying out show-rounds of the resort, co-ordinating final details with clients, and working closely with the operational team to ensure smooth delivery on the day and an excellent experience for our guests.
You will need good communication and customer service skills, both over the phone and face to face, strong IT skills, be organised and have excellent attention to detail.
You will be required to work 5 days out of 7 on a rota basis. Occasional evening and weekend working will be required in line with business levels and events taking place.
Please note that live-in accommodation is not available for this position.
• Prior hotel sales & events experience
• Familiarity with event booking systems
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office
• Team leader skills an advantage
• Upselling skills
• Strong communication skills
• High standard of personal presentation
• Excellent standard of written and spoken English
• Ability to stay calm under pressure
• Excellent attention to detail
• 28 days holiday increasing with service (includes public & bank holidays)
• Complimentary annual hotel stay
• Freshly prepared hot and cold lunch and dinner options in our staff canteen
• Generous ‘Introduce a Friend’ bonus scheme
• Contributory pension scheme
• Complimentary club membership for you and your family (qualifying period applies)
• Bonus and incentive scheme
• Employee awards
• Annual staff party
We endeavour to respond to all applicants, but should this not be possible, please assume you have been unsuccessful if we have not been in touch after 3 weeks.