At Foxhills Club and Resort we are seeking a new GM to lead us as we enter a year that will be characterised by change. Foxhills is a 4 star property with 70 bedrooms, 9 conference rooms, 3 restaurants including the 2 rosette Manor Restaurant and extensive leisure facilities set within 400 acres of Surrey countryside.
For an ambitious candidate, the timing is great: this year alone we are upgrading our PMS, HR and accounting systems; refurbishing bedrooms, parts of the spa, the main restaurant and submitting a ten year, £25m masterplan. But as well as big plans, we value attention to detail and getting the basics right.
Supported by an experienced, stable management team and reporting directly to the owner, you will grow this £13m business with 3200 members and around 300 staff.
We exist to make everyone who comes into contact with Foxhills feel better when they leave, than when they arrived. We achieve this by creating a feeling of belonging and helping colleagues and members to make a difference.
Your experience of running successful properties will harness the enthusiasm of our team to achieve commercial success and bring our warm culture into focus. Resort experience is advantageous although hoteliers will be considered.
This role is full time, to suit the business and the club is busiest on weekends. Phone screens will be carried out in the first instance should your application be successful, followed by a three-stage interview process.
• At least 3 years’ experience as GM or Ops Director in 4/5 star properties (experience of independent venues viewed favorably)
• An F&B operational background with a procedural focus.
• Leisure & membership experience is advantageous
• Commercially aware and service orientated
• Experience of leading larger than average teams through change
• Able to bring out the best in others
• A visible, floor-based management style
• Smart and well mannered
• Based within 30 miles of Woking
• Private healthcare and cashback scheme
• Group life and income protection insurance policies
• Performance based management bonus scheme
• 28 days holiday increasing with service (includes public & bank holidays)
• Contributory pension scheme
• Complimentary club membership for you and your family* (qualifying period applies)
We endeavour to respond to all applicants, but should this not be possible, please assume you have been unsuccessful if we have not been in touch after 4 weeks.